Can the Vols pull the upset?
Share this tale
- Share this on Facebook
- Share this on Twitter
Share All sharing alternatives for: Tennessee Volunteers vs. Alabama Crimson Tide: Game Preview
The Tide are up next on TennesseeвЂ™s routine. Picture by UA Athletics/Collegiate Images/Getty Images
It certainly wonвЂ™t be the 3rd Saturday in October if the Tennessee Volunteers (2-2) just just take regarding the Alabama Crimson Tide (4-0) on the weekend, nevertheless the game means simply the identical to the Vols turn to disturb the Tide and acquire their period right straight right back on the right track.
HereвЂ™s what you ought to understand.
Yet again, this matchup features two programs going in contrary instructions. Alabama simply keeps chugging along, while Tennessee is attempting discover their method yet again. The Volunteers started 2-0, but things went south after that. Georgia and Kentucky handed Tennessee their first couple of losings associated with the period in convincing fashion.
Alabama, having said that, sits at 4-0. They held down a scare that is upset Ole skip, then handled the number 3 Georgia Bulldogs one week later on.
The Crimson Tide lead the series that is overall 56-38-7. TheyвЂ™re presently on a 13 game winning streak in the show, dating all of the long ago.
Alabama current rests as a 20 point favorite.
Things To Watch Out For
- exactly What into the globe will Tennessee do at quarterback? original source site We saw three dudes under center for Tennessee against Kentucky and Jeremy Pruitt hasnвЂ™t dedicated to anybody up to now this week. Could it be Jarrett Guarantano once more? Is Brian Maurer ready and healthy for their shot? Or will Tennessee begin the Harrison Bailey age? Where does J.T. Shrout fit?
- Above anything else, Tennessee must enhance things from the return front side. Seven turnovers within the last few three halves of soccer wonвЂ™t permit you to beat anybody, much less Alabama.
- Exactly just just How will the Crimson Tide play after having a massive conquer Georgia? It had been theвЂgame that is early of yearвЂ™ into the university soccer globe, so Tennessee could possibly be getting Alabama in a disappointment spot.
- Can Tennessee benefit from a substandard alabama protection? The Tide ranks just 61st of 77 total teams as a whole protection thus far. Alabama pitched a shutout when you look at the last half against Georgia only one week after quitting 647 yards to Ole skip, so which work will Tennessee access it Saturday?
- RB Eric Gray: Gray doubled the quantity of carries that Ty Chandler saw against Kentucky, demonstrably the greater amount of effective straight back against the Wildcats. Expect Gray to take care of a great amount of work with the moving game aswell.
- WR Josh Palmer: Palmer has to be much more included in this moving assault since the clear WR1. Tennessee will probably need certainly to keep speed, so try to find Palmer to have a lot of action right right here.
- LB Henry ToвЂ™o ToвЂ™o: exactly exactly What else are you able to state concerning this man? HeвЂ™s often the most useful player in the industry and poorly requires some assistance from their offense. Expect a lot of collisions with ToвЂ™o ToвЂ™o and Najee Harrison on Saturday.
- Edge Deandre Johnson: Alabama likes to toss the ball these times, therefore benefiting from stress will soon be vital. Johnson is among the players that are few can win a single using one matchup for the Volunteers.
Alabama Crimson Tide
- QB Mac Jones: 90-115, 1,518 yards. 12 TDs, 2 INTs.
- RB Najee Harris: 83 carries for 499 yards, 6.0 YPC.
- WR DeVonta Smith: 38 rec. for 483 yards, 4 TDs.
- WR Jaylen Waddle: 25 rec. for 557 yards, 4 TDs.
We possibly may too place the Alabama that is entire offensive and receiver John Metchie III on right right here too. Aim is, Alabama is really a well-oiled device with this part associated with ball, fresh away from scoring 41 points about what numerous consider to function as most readily useful protection when you look at the land. Not much has to be stated here вЂ” Tennessee will probably have its arms complete on every degree Saturday.
WeвЂ™ll see should they can create a comparable be a consequence of just last year, that was among the better protective performances from any group against Alabama in 2019.
But, this offense might become more complete. They are able to fall into line and run you better not bring the safeties down because theyвЂ™ll go right over the top through you, but.
Injuries Observe (non-COVID associated)
OT Wanya Morris: Pruitt called him вЂday to dayвЂ™ on Monday with an ankle damage.
QB Jarrett Guarantano: had been described as вЂbanged upвЂ™ this week. Tennessee has repped numerous quarterbacks utilizing the first group.
QB Brian Maurer: Hamstring, leg
CB Alontae Taylor: Gametime decision
LB Jeremy Banks: Gametime choice
DE LaBryan Ray: Questionable (Elbow)
TE Carl Tucker: Questionable (Hamstring)
Alabama is a three touchdown favorite for the explanation, and additionally they appear to be getting Tennessee in the most useful time that is possible. WeвЂ™ll see just what the Vols do at quarterback, but either real method, it does not appear to be Tennessee gets the firepower to steadfastly keep up.
Pruitt offered Saban their shot that is best, and you also understand how defectively he desires this 1, but IвЂ™d be astonished in the event that Tennessee offense is able to compete for the victory on Saturday.